Monday, April 5, 2010

Royer's Cafe


While at Round Top, we ate at Royer's Cafe.  First we ate lunch at Zapp Hall.  We had chicken salad sandwhich, Texas Caviar, potato salad, & iced tea.  The potato salad was the best I've ever had, & the caviar is an excellent way to eat black eyed peas, which I don't normally like - but I loved it. 






"Don't drink downstream from the herd"

A few nights later, we ate dinner at the cafe in Round Top.  Bud Royer, the owner, puts on a show & talks to the customers before he lets them in to eat.  According to my mom, he's the restaurant natzi - he walks around with a clip board & demands manners. He's hilarious.  He was on Road Tested with the Deen boys - Bud is famous for his pie. 

I'm not a huge pie fan, but his pie is hands down the best pie I've ever had!  The crust is amazing.  The buttermilk & apple pie's are my favorite.




If you're going to Round Top during the show, I'd suggest a reservation!

No comments:

Post a Comment